An owner is usually an employee, who is responsible for one or more parts of the project, thus he or she wishes to keep track of all the changes made to this part of the project.
In Valispace, a user can become an owner for either:
- a component or
- a specification.
As a result, the user will get the following notifications for:
- update of component name (for component owner)
- move or create child component (for component owner)
- create new Vali (for component owner)
- update Vali (for component owner)
- set ownership (both for component and specification owner)
- create requirement (for specification owner)
- add component to specification (both for component and specification owner)
- remove component from specification (both for component and specification owner)
PowerUserTip: Click here to read more about how to see and access notifications.
The owner will only receive notifications for his own components and specifications. He will not automatically receive notifications on sub-components which he does not own.
There can only be one owner per component and specification.
However, you can also assign a group as owner, which is a collection of users (read more about groups and users here).
PowerUserTip: if you are interested in receiving notifications on components which you do not own, you may make use of the "Subscribe to Notifications" function for Valis and components. Read more here.
How to: Assign an Owner
To assign an owner of a component:
- Go to the Components Module
- Select the Component you wish to assign an owner to
- Go to the Details Tab
- Under "Owner" start typing the user or user group name and select the owner
To assign an owner of a specification:
- Go to the Requirements Module
- Select the Specification you wish to assign an owner to
- On the top, under "Owner" start typing the user or user group name and select the owner
To edit or delete the ownership
Simply hover over the Owner and click on the "edit" symbol:
PowerUserTip: Every user or group of users of your workspace with access to the project can become an owner.
How to: See all Ownerships
- Go to Projects
- Navigate to "About"
- Under "Component Ownership" you can see all assigned owners