In Valispace, all engineering properties are saved as "Valis". They are the design parameters of your product.
Examples for such properties are: mass, power consumption, and length.
Types of Properties
In Valispace you can create different types of properties:
- Vali: for properties with numerical values and/or formulas
- e.g. mass =5kg
- Dataset: for properties with varying values
- e.g. time-dependent temperature T(t=5s)=10K
- read more about Datasets here
- Textvali: for text properties
- e.g. supplier = ABC
- Datevali: for date properties
- e.g. 01. September 2020, 01:00PM
- Matrix: for properties with different values per state
- e.g. power consumption on state "off" = 0W
Click here to see how to create new properties and Valis.
In the following you can see that each type of property also has a different icon on the left-hand side: