Valispace allows users to import and export components within a project as well as moving components between projects in a workspace. Allowing for easy mobility within projects and between users.
Importing and exporting
Valispace allows you to export and import exponents as JSON files, enabling you to move components between different workspaces.
To export components:
- Right click on the component you want to import in the component tree.
- Navigate to “Export JSON”.
To import components
- Right click on the top level component you would like to add the imported component to.
- Navigate to “Import JSON”
- When the prompt box appears, click to select the JSON file from your computer.
- A pop up should appear confirming that the importing is in progress
- Once the file has successfully been imported, you will receive a notification in the notifications panel.
Moving components between projects
Valispace also allows you to directly move components between projects in a workspace.
- Right click on the component in the tree which you would like to move to another project.
- Navigate to “Move to project”
- Choose a project in your workspace which you would like to move the component to.
The component will remain in the component tree of the project it was originally in. However when you click on the relocated component, Valispace will redirect you to the component in the new project it belongs to.